Apulia (or Puglia as it is called in Italy) is a lovely region in the South of Italy which has been attracting a lot of interest from couples looking for unusual wedding destinations in Italy.
I know the region very well as I used to spend most of my seaside holidays on its stunning beaches when I was a kid. It was the perfect vacation spot for an art-loving family like mine and time has only improved it. Prepare for blindingly white architecture (like the buildings in Ostuni) standing against a deep blue sky, you will roam ancient stone alleys winding between fuchsia bouganville-covered walls, or explore steep cliffs jetting over white sand beaches and a caribbean-like sea.
Planning a wedding in Apulia is the perfect option if you’re looking to provide a memorable experience for all your guests. You can book a whole masseria (as the local renovated aristocracy country houses are called) for your wedding party and you can arrange for sightseeing tours at Alberobello (the town of the trulli, ancient white stone round houses), cooking classes, olive oil tastings and trips to secluded beaches. But Apulia is also the perfect destination for a castle wedding, or a wedding on the beach.
In short, it has everything you could wish for your destination wedding in Italy.
Your wedding in Apulia
Choose Apulia as your wedding destination if:
- you’re sea lovers and you would like to get married barefoot, by the sea
- you are looking for a unique landscape full of history and wild charm
- you dream of an intimate, romantic cathedral wedding
- you would like an elegant but simple wedding
- you dream of an all-white wedding, this is the perfect setting for that
- you travel with a large group of family and friends, as it’s very easy to get around the region and there’s a wide choice of large venues
- you are looking for privacy but you also plan to party hard, in which case a masseria is really the perfect venue for you, with its wide courtyards circled by stone walls
Does Apulia sound like your ideal wedding destination? Let my friend and colleague Elisabetta help you plan your very own wedding in Apulia.