One of the finest medieval towns in the centre of Italy, Orvieto is a great destination in Umbria, a land-locked region rich in history and craftsmanship. Umbria is also referred to as the ‘green heart’ of Italy because of its luxurious valleys and wooded hills, and is a great destination for nature lovers and anybody looking for a characteristic Italian experience without suffering the intense touristic traffic of the other regions in Central Italy.
From a design perspective I love that many venues and hotels in Umbria have been renovated along leaner, more minimalistic lines than their Tuscan counterparts, which makes for very interesting settings for wedding ceremonies and receptions.
Your destination wedding in Orvieto
Choose to have your destination wedding in Orvieto or Umbria if:
- you’re looking for a cheaper and less obvious destination alternative to Tuscany
- you’re flying into Rome International airport and are looking for a wedding immersed in nature and art. If you chose Spoleto and Perugia as destinations you could even have your civil wedding celebrated in a museum!
- you’re gourmands looking for a seasonal, locally sourced, hearty banquet, rich in truffles, game meat and whole grains
- you’re yogis looking for a mystical atmosphere for your wedding, the allure at some of the venues I can book for you is magical
- you love wooded hills and rough countrysides, and are looking for an intimate wedding away from the crowd
- you’re jazz lovers, the Spoleto Festival attracts a number of talented musicians during the summer and the area is ripe in Jazz Schools, thus making it very easy to find quality acts to hire for your wedding entertainment
- you would like to rent out a small hamlet for your family and friends to share in a week-end of celebrations
Does Orvieto sound like the wedding destination you were looking for? Start planning your very own wedding in Orvieto.