If you have been dreaming of a wedding in Tuscany my advice is to pick the Siena region as your destination. Not only is Siena an enchanting city, full of history and character, but the area surrounding it is also stunning. Whenever I have site inspection trips in the area I always find myself taking the scenic route and driving in a dream-like state up and down the rounded hills. Trust me, it’s an incredible experience.
This area is also packed with natural spa sites, from Bagno Vignoni with its square mineral pool right in the centre of the village (and the stunning Adler Thermae hotel just outside of town) to Sarteano with its chilled pools perfect to sooth your skin from the summer heat, and then San Casciano dei Bagni from whose pools you can view the Umbria hills. Planning a wedding in the Siena area can be a feast for the senses.
This part of Tuscany offers an incredible selection of venues, so you could have a castle wedding, exclusively renting out a whole property for your family and friends, or I could plan an elegant villa wedding for you, complete with roses arrangements and string quartets. Or maybe you prefer me to arrange a rustic chic wedding in one of the lovingly refurbished farm houses that litter the countryside. Whatever the scope of your project, I’m sure Siena and its surroundings can fulfill your dreams.
Weddings in Siena
A Siena wedding should be your pick if:
- you’re dreaming of a typical tuscan wedding, with dinner under the stars and dancing barefoot in an olive grove
- you would like to have a Protestant church wedding followed by a lavish meal
- you’re spa lovers, as I could easily arrange treatments at some of the most exclusive Italian spa resorts for before and after your wedding
- your ideal wedding is an intimate, romantic celebration with only close family and friends, with stunning views in the middle of nowhere
- you’re not afraid to drive. Better even, if you enjoy driving around softly winded roads, taking in the landscape as you reach your exclusive destination
- you’re willing to consider structural enhancements and tenting to ensure stunning plan Bs, as most of the venues in this area have large, amazing outdoors but smaller indoors
Does the Siena area sound like your ideal wedding destination? Let me help you plan your very own wedding in Siena.