The two largest islands surrounding Italy are Sardinia and Sicily, of the two Sicily is arguably the most fascinating. A fusion of cultures, due to its position between Europe and Africa, almost in the middle of the Mediterranean sea, Sicily is rich in history, traditions and incredible natural beauty. From the roman theatre at Taormina, to the arabic palaces and the Norman castles around Palermo, to the baroque architecture in Syracuse, the architecture on the island is as exciting and mesmerizing as its shores. While the aristocratic villas in the inland still bear traces of the enchanting beauty portrayed by Luchino Visconti in his 1963 movie, The Leopard.
I personally love the potential offered by Sicily for elopements and very intimate weddings. Getting married here will literally feel like a dream-like experience, it will transport you in a time and place so vivid in flavors and colors, that it will stay with you forever.
Weddings in Sicily
Choose to have your destination wedding in Sicily if:
- you have time to spend in the area, as traveling around can be difficult as well as beautiful
- you’re looking for enchanting history landmarks and wild nature
- you’re seafood lovers, as the island cuisine is incredible
- you would like to host your wedding in a luxury hotel overlooking the sea
- you dream of an opulent and lavish The Leopard-like villa wedding
- you’re intense individuals looking for a one-of-a-kind experience
Does Sicily sound like your ideal wedding destination? Let me help you plan your very own wedding in Sicily.