I am probably biased, as this is my home town, but Modena is a lesser known gem destination in Italy that you should definitely consider for your wedding. Forbes, The New Yorker and other important outlets have praised the art and glory of this small town that I call home.
To me, getting married in Modena means choosing a destination that has all the best features you could find in Italy, plus the privacy and intimacy of a small town.
A wedding week-end in town will include delicious gourmet panini eaten while people-watching, a stroll in the historical covered food market, a visit to a real Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese factory (with tasting), taking pictures under the arcades, admiring Ferrari and Maserati cars in the local Casa Ferrari museum, tasting authentic 25-yr old balsamic vinegar and so much more!
Destination weddings in Modena
Come have your destination wedding in Modena if:
- you’re dreaming of a meaningful elopement outside of the beaten track
- you’re gourmands, as we are the site of the longest voted best restaurant in the world, L’osteria francescana
- you’re gourmands on a budget, because you literally cannot eat badly in town and there are restaurants, bistrots and banqueting companies for every budget
- you’re art and architecture lovers, as the medieval city centre lends itself to walks around monuments (the Cathedral dates from the X century) and modern art museums and galleries
- you’re looking for something really unique and out of the ordinary, because my extensive knowledge of the city and my network of relations allow me access to exclusive venues never before used for weddings
- you’re sport cars lovers, because Modena is the town where Ferrari and Maserati cars are conceived and created. It’s not unusual to see prototypes being road-tested around the nearby countryside routes, and you can even see models from up close at the two local museums. Or, if you fancy it, I could arrange for a test circuit drive for yourself!
- you would like to host your destination wedding reception in a stately home or in a restaurant
Does Modena sound like your wedding destination? Let me help you plan your very own wedding in Modena.