A Lake Como wedding is the epitome of the classic Italian luxe wedding. This is undisputedly the most renown and admired location in the Italian Lakes District and it evokes stellar venues, historical stately homes and a celebrity lifestyle, especially since movie star George Clooney elected its shores as a temporary home.
Just an hour away by train from central Milan (and very easily accessible by public transportation), this lake has been a popular retreat for the wealthiest families since Roman times, which accounts for the incredible number of villas lining its shores. Most of these have been now converted into luxury hotels or are available for private rent so the choice of wedding venues that I can select for you on Lake Como is practically unlimited.
A destination wedding on Lake Como
You know you should have a Lake Como wedding if:
- you have a solid budget. Elopements on the lake-side villages usually start at 6000 euros, while an intimate wedding with 30 people usually starts at 12000 euros
- you are aiming at a luxe celebration with lace, champagne and a perfectly manicured Italian garden
- you want a celebration that reflects your glamorous lifestyle, with exclusive venues reserved for yourselves and your guests
- you are simply enamoured with the Lake and you want to have a civil wedding overlooking it. Most municipalities have struck agreements with the lake-side hotels to elect them as civil wedding venues, so I can plan your legally binding ceremony and reception to take place at the same venue
- you would like to have a summer wedding in Italy without the scorching heat of some of the southern regions
Can you see yourself getting married on Lake Como? Let me help you plan your very own Lake Como wedding.