When you think of a destination wedding in Italy you’re probably envisioning a sun-drenched celebration in the summer, a dinner reception under the stars and dancing barefoot in an olive grove. However Italy has so much more to offer, and the weather is less and less a trustworthy factor.
Instead of gambling for a day of full sun in the summer you could opt for a stress-free winter wedding in the Italian Alps! The Dolomites in particular offer an amazing selection of destinations, allowing you to celebrate your wedding in front of breathtaking views worthy of the World Heritage Landmark and to enjoy your honeymoon in the same location.
My favorite destination in the Alps is Madonna di Campiglio, a village nestled in a secluded valley, where my father proposed to my mother and where I have spent most of my summers since the day I was born.
Italian Alps wedding
A wedding in Madonna di Campiglio is ideal for you if:
- you’re looking to elope on a snowy top and have a winter vacation complete with exciting slopes, romantic ice-skating and spa treatments by the fireplace
- you love the snow, this is one of the most famous ski resorts in the Country and the site of the oldest World Ski Cup race in Italy
- the words ‘winter wonderland’ make you giddy with excitement
- you’re looking to elope and have an active vacation in the summer, trekking over some of the youngest mountains in the world, visiting fairytale castles and eating delicious apple strudel while tasting a deep red Lagrein or Teroldego wine
- you fancy the idea of getting to your romantic church ceremony on a horse-drawn sleight
- you love nature and you would like your celebration to be in close contact with it. Trentino is one of the ‘greener’ regions in Italy and I can arrange for you ceremony and reception to take place at an eco-friendly resort
Does this sound like your ideal destination? Let me help you plan your very own Alps wedding.